Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Perfection (Don't read this if you aren't in the mood for something sappy!)

Take heed of the warning in the title before you continue.

So, I've been having a hard time keeping up the blog, but it's really something I want to continue. I'm new to this, so forgive me if I write something that's completely uninteresting to you. I really only want to write things that are interesting to me, and often times I don't think about what's interesting to me, I just... am interested. Heh. I don't know if that makes sense, but whatevs.

I keep on thinking about what I want out of life. I mean, really, who doesn't? Lately, though, it seems it's all I think about anymore. So I decided to make a list. I might add to it as time goes on, but this is what I have for now.

All I really want out of life:

-I want to become a successful dancer. To me, this is not becoming prima ballerina in the New York Ballet. As much as I know that would be an amazing job, it's not what I want, and I know it's not realistic. To me, being a successful dancer would be to perform in an interesting company that's not afraid to do it's own thing for a little while, and then showcasing my choreography in a couple of well-attended shows.

-I want to own a cafe/bakery. I don't care when. Just at some point, I want to get really good at making coffee, tea, and baked goods.

-I want to not have to hide things about myself that I'm not ashamed of. I want to get better at not caring what others think.

-I want to learn how to paint things I think are beautiful.

-I want to do a temple stay at a buddhist temple. It doesn't have to be for long, maybe just a month.

-I want to see Neil Gaiman. I'd love to see the Shins but I don't think that will ever happen, seeing as James Mercer is doing the whole Broken Bells thing now. I want to keep going to shows when I'm older, and I don't want to be stuck in a certain decade for the rest of my life.

-I want to get voice lessons and get better at singing, and not be afraid to sing in front of people when I want to.

-I want to travel as much as I can, read as much as I can, and write as much as I can. It doesn't have to be published, although that would be nice.

-I want to end up living somewhere that I can see the stars at night. I want to have a pet goat, and a pet rabbit. I don't have to be wealthy, just well-off.

-I want to not be afraid of change. I want to be able to better myself all the time, and not reach an age and then just give up at being better. I want to always be myself, but I believe that "myself" can change, and should in some aspects.

These are just what I'm thinking about right now. They are subject to change. Not all of them may be realized, but I hope they are.
What got me thinking of this was what I'm going to call today's definition of perfection. The boyfriend and I went to Port Townsend today to get breakfast at Metro Bagels, and just bum around a bit, and when we got our (amazing!) breakfast bagels, with egg, cheese, avocado and butter, (mine on an everything bagel with onion) and our coffees, Cole said, "This is all I really want out of life. An awesome breakfast bagel and my girlfriend to share it with."

So, today's definition of perfection for me is: An awesome breakfast bagel and my boyfriend to share it with. ^^
I'll continue putting down occasional definitions of perfection, because I feel like they keep coming up, different all the time. That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment