Saturday, November 5, 2011

The following images may be considered disturbing. Just to warn you.

Hey! Today, we were going to go to Seoul, but since Jamie isn't feeling too good we decided to go to Seoul tomorrow (Sunday). Tomorrow I'm catching a plane to get back home.

Instead, Miya and I went to a cafe in Donghae while Jamie went to the doctor. It was another cafe where they roast their own coffee, and this one made their own chocolate too. I tried a green tea chocolate that was really good, and I had a pot of lotus blossom tea. We also played with a really cute puppy that lived there. His name was Ddongja, which means "Shit baby" in Korean.



Afterwards, Jamie picked Miya and I up and we went to Haesindang park. This park is also known as "Penis Park."

Yes, that IS me sitting on a giant statue of a penis.
The story behind this place is that a maiden who was engaged to a man went down to the beach with him to pick seaweed. She was out on a rock and he was back on land when a storm came and swept her out to sea. By the time he had gotten to her it was too late, and she had drowned. Since that day, the local fisherman weren't able to catch a single fish, until one fisherman peed off the side of the boat. Then,  they were able to catch fish. So they decided that meant that seeing they guy's penis had calmed her spirit, so they erected (no pun intended) statues to keep her happy.

The penis cannon.

Penis stools. 


Penis windchime things?

Roar! Now that's frightening.



One penis, with five baby penises coming out the top... 


A penis... with girl legs?

So yeah. Penis park... yay!
On the way home I caught a picture of the construction dummies that they have here in Korea that I mentioned in my Happy Halloween post.

Breakfast: Bagel and lotus tea
Lunch: Ddeok Ramyeon
Dinner: Mango Banana curry. (Didn't taste bananas or mangos in it. Jamie made it. It was good.) 

Tomorrow we go to Seoul really early and then I get on a plane at 6 pm. So I won't be posting tomorrow. 
And I'll leave you with this video of the Penis Cannon in full action!


UPDATE- Sorry that the video is sideways. I don't know how to fix that...

No comments:

Post a Comment