Saturday, February 4, 2012

Some Semi-New Poetry and Doggie Pictures

Hey, I thought it was about time I put up some more of my writing, and I also wanted to put up a couple pictures I took of our dog, Hayes, yesterday.

Mid yawn.




Now for poetry.
This one I wrote about a month ago. I didn't title it.

Every time I sleep
I have these terrible dreams
where it's the same as when I'm awake.

But then I walk to you
and you say you love me too
all the time for contact I ache.

We hold hands and smile
keeping it secret all the while
until my eyes open and my heart breaks.

Here's another that's fairly recent- (it's less about rhyme schemes, but more about the sound when read aloud.)

On dripping days like this
I think of you
when everything is so
thoroughly soaked
that we're all fragile as bird bones.
The poetry seeps back into me
around this time of year,
through my feet
and up my body
until it bleeds out my eyes
and fingertips.

No comments:

Post a Comment