Sunday, February 5, 2012

Improv, anyone?

Hey, so the other day I came up with the idea of video recording any dance improvisation I do, for my own educational purposes. I want to be able to see what I did, in order for me to maybe incorporate parts into actual choreography. So I did a bit of improvisation last night, and tested it out. It was okay, except for I didn't pick out the optimum place to set my computer to record it so it's mostly upper body stuff, no floor work and I didn't get to go out of the range of the camera. But even if it's not great, it's not terrible, and I thought it might be interesting for people who don't have the ability to see me dance all the time.

This is the first video I took, it's to a song called "Hide and Seek" by Imogen Heap. I really want to choreograph something to it, so I'll probably be working with it a fair amount.
UPDATE- I watched this on here after I posted this, and the sound and visual are really not synced very well. I apologize, it's a lot cooler when it is.


I also wanted to put up a couple pictures I've taken over the past couple of days. 








Definition of perfection: Seattle dinosaurs at sunset! (:

3 comments: