Thursday, January 5, 2012

Always second best?

Hey all. I've been trying to get jobs/applying for colleges/dancing/making food lately, in case you were wondering. As some of you know, I've been really excited about a job opportunity at Caffe Ladro, which was right up the street from where I lived... it was looking like I was going to get it, and yesterday I learned that it was between me and one other person and... they got it. Ah well. I'm applying to some places in Alaska Junction and Pike Place Market, somebody's bound to pick me first someday.

Last night I made samosas and mushroom curry from the moosewood cookbook though, which was excellent. The curry had a bunch of spices, and apples, and mushrooms, and celery, and honey, and all in all it was a success. The samosas got burnt thanks to our oven- (it's incapable of cooking things properly, I believe) but they were still good on the inside and I had leftover filling so I'm going to make more today and hopefully they will turn out better.

Samosas! Before they got burnt.

Mmmmm.

Today I'm helping my dad out at his work. (In trade for lunch, today and yesterday... heh. I'm working for sandwiches.) He needed someone to be talent for an animatic, and so I'm riding a bike around in a garage and pretending to catch a phone. I think I'm going to also try to get cast as an extra for the actual shoot, so I might end up being in a T-Mobile internet thingy! We'll see. 

Oh, and New Years! Hey it's a new year everybody! 2012!!!!! Yayyyy!! Yayyy....
Ahem. But yeah, New Years was fun. I hope everybody reading this had a good holiday. After having Korean barbecue with my family, (which had been long overdue- I've been craving Korean food for awhile) I went out on my friend Sophie's boat with a bunch of friends on Lake Union, and we watched the Space Needle fireworks from the boat's roof. Played games, listened to music, and other stuff until we all got tired and went back to Sophie's house where we crashed. So, pretty successful New Years, if I say so myself. 

Also I had a great idea for a band when I was riding in the car with my dad the other day. I will tell you more about that later, because I designed the cover art for their first album, but I don't have it on me right now to scan and put onto this post. So be patient! I know the suspense and overall anxiety will probably kill you! But you'll just have to wait!

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are sounding happier! You did have an awesome New Year's Eve starting out with us :). I know what you mean about craving Korean food. It was long overdue for me too. You have been busy! You are never second best, just not as experienced perhaps! You will always be #1 with me, granddaughter. I love you. Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you had a chance to try something from the Moosewood Cookbook, if you bring it home with you later in January it would be fun to cook a dish with you. Wait, no need to bring we have one...oops.

    I am glad that you had a nice New Year's celebration with Sophie and hearing about Korean BBQ has made me salivate and dribble on my keyboard (it is lunch time currently).

    Sorry about the news from Cafe Lardo, I assume you didn't get the job because (as their name implies) they mostly just hire fat people. I am confident your skills and strong work ethic will land you some work soon, it is inevitable.
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last paragraph made me laugh out loud. Haha. :) Thanks you two.

    ReplyDelete