Monday, January 16, 2012

All kinds of replacing names up in heaahhh...!

Guess who's back?
Back again...
Jordan's back...
tell a friend!

(I've been in a funk for the past while but I'm getting out of that now so hopefully we can really get this blog rolling. Also I'm ashamed to admit I wasn't the sole creator of that beautiful rhyme that is above these couple of sentences in brackets.)

This was my inspiration. (Click the hyperlink for the full video, 2:50 for the clip, if you don't know Mitchell Davis you probably won't find it funny. Sorry.) And sure, he got that from Eminem. But whatevs.



So I've been in a funk because I've been putting effort into relationships where the effort wasn't mutual. And I'm done with that now. I'm only going to be with people who want to be with me too. Which brings me to my next topic.

Magda Pendergrass and I have been hanging out lately because I go to Velocity Dance Center a bunch and she goes to Seattle University, so we're both in Capitol Hill, but also we're both just basically awesome. I thought I'd put up this picture to illustrate just how awesome we are.


Yepp... 
Plus we have mind stimulating conversations regarding circulation, psychopaths vs. sociopaths, and Serotonin. And now we have matching screen-printed shirts. Hurray!

Oh and I got my second ear piercings finally! They were long overdue. Probably most of you have seen them already via Facebook, but just in case:



On another note, I just got finished with the Danielle Agami Intensive at Velocity Dance Center. It was three days working with her, which was amazing and wonderful. She performed in the Batsheva Dance Company in Tel Aviv and is now teaching GAGA classes in the United States. GAGA is a dance technique created by Ohad Naharin, the director of Batsheva. 

One of my favourite videos:



I've watched their videos on youtube for awhile now, and working with Danielle was an incredible experience. I'm starting to get a lot more comfortable with improvisation, which is one of the more intriguing aspects of dance in my opinion. So I'm really happy I had this opportunity.

I also had my first dance audition the other day! I auditioned for Full Tilt, which is an annual dance performance that includes works by 6 different choreographers. I auditioned for all of them, so that was just about 6 hours worth of learning different combinations and trying to perform them well and with passion in front of the choreographer! Definitely a good experience to have. I think I'm going to audition this next weekend for the Young Choreographer's Lab. Apparently I wouldn't be auditioning to be a choreographer, that happened a really long time ago and I wasn't aware of it's existence, but I'd be auditioning to dance for one of the "young choreographers." I think I have a better chance of getting into that than I do of getting into Full Tilt. But we'll just have to see!!!

A couple of posts back I mentioned thinking about going to the casting for the T-Mobile ad. Didn't get any part, but I am going to be a production assistant on set, so that should be fun! That's tomorrow. Looking forward to earning some money and putting in some work. 

Still trying to find a job, but for the time being, I'm really happy with working on dancing. 

Definition of perfection: living to the fullest, in whatever way that means to you.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back sweet girl! Nice to hear about all that you are doing. love you, Nana

    ReplyDelete