Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Thank you! Happy Holidays!

Hey. So yeah, it's been awhile. It's not like I'm not doing anything, though! Last weekend I had gingerbread weekend at my Grandma MacIntosh's, which is where we create a bunch of gingerbread and get obsessed about it all. That was really fun, and we also got a bunch of family pictures taken by some photographers that came. So I will post those pictures and pictures of the gingerbread as soon as I get them.
 Going backwards from there, I went to a dance class with someone from the Mark Morris Dance Company on Saturday morning. It was really fun because we did weird things with time signatures, which I haven't done a whole lot of in dance yet. We danced in 2, to a 3/4 time signature. For any band geeks that happen to read this, you already know that is called a Hemiola. I was stoked because I think I was the only one in the class who actually knew what he was talking about when he used the term. It was also cool because my dad and Jenny and I had seen the Mark Morris Dance Company at the Moore the previous night. The choreography was really clever, actually. That's the only way I can describe it.

Anyways, today, I'm working at my dad's work- doing some odd jobs etc. While folding their christmas cards, I saw the window washer outside on our window, in the rain/fog/mist- whatever you want to call it. Anyways, it looked like such a miserable day to be doing it, and an idea just jumped into my head. So I followed through with my impulse and wrote in my journal in big capital letters, "THANK YOU! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!" When I showed it to him, he waved and got a big grin on his face, and I got all warm and fuzzy inside. Hurray!

Definition of perfection: random acts of kindness
Also, probably Beecher's flagship grilled cheese sandwiches. Those are good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment