Thursday, July 19, 2012

New Poem


Hey all! So yeah, it's been a loooong time. I've been doing things and being away in Europe and that's been exciting. I don't think I'm going to post photos on here because they're all on facebook and there's so many of them. But I did want to put up this, which I wrote today. I decided it's an accurate continuation of the poem Yellow Trees, which you can see on this post

Yellow Trees Continued

On an Autumn night
underneath yellow trees
we came together to come apart
on a beach by the sea.

And I walk by that place
several times a year,
the trees seem to whisper
just loud enough for me to hear.

They feel just like us
both growing apart
and as seasons change
they look just like my heart.

A couple weeks after
they were nearing their death
but a few leaves still lingered
a little love left.

That’s when I first noticed 
I felt just like them, 
a witness to everything 
and barely strong enough to stand.

But as Winter progressed
I walked by again
the leaves were all gone,
all colour was dead.

I felt just as brittle
a chill always in my bones
like the smallest breath could break me
and my heart was so cold.

Then the rainy Spring came
there was growth in our trees
but they were steadily dripping
not completely at ease.

I, too, felt stronger
but still mourned my loss
I knew to start a life with colour
may come at a cost.

In Summer the trees are fully green
truly the start of something new
but whenever I see them
I still think of you.

***

So yep, in other news, college is coming up so unbelievably fast. So. Unbelievably. Fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment