Thursday, March 22, 2012

Getting handy with a push broom

I know I haven't updated in a while, and I don't even have a super good explanation for it. Hah. Other than the fact that I've been a little bit more busy with work study at Velocity, which opened up the ability to take more classes for less moneys. I've been getting used to it, things are coming a little more naturally now. And I keep feeling more and more welcome into the dance community there, it's wonderful. I even was given an opportunity to bartend at the last show I volunteered at for the first time. So I am gaining employable skills! Hurray!

Also I have a kind of starter poem that I've been meaning to work on lately and put up, but maybe I will just put up the rough draft and then I can get some input from anyone who wants to give it!


I once heard
the secret songs of trees with you,
their whispers
of all hopeful things.
I felt their joy and desire and peace,
but you heard it and only felt fear.
You could tell
things larger than you, us,
were living and breathing
and sharing with us
their raw honesty.
Maybe
you liked the idea of it,
because you shared the story with your friends
so you would sound
like all the things you wanted to be.
But now I know
you couldn't handle it.
So I went on
to stand
in high places
on dark nights
to hear the mournful bittersweet stories
of the wind and water,
rocks and trees.

In other news I'm back in Port Angeles for a bit, and I'm feeling really thankful for good friends. Friends that are there for you through thick and thin. Life is tumultuous and hard but we will be stronger in the end for it. I am also very thankful for the existence of cupcakes, because without them I don't think life would be as easy to get through. So, cheers to cupcakes and good friends.
And pretty pictures! Got to include my recent pretty pictures.

Night walking


 Self portrait. kinda.

 Sunny day flowers backyard pretty.

 

ALSO THE NEW ANDREW BIRD ALBUM IS OUT, AND THE SHINS. THEY ARE BOTH REALLY GOOD. GET THEM.

Kaybai.

No comments:

Post a Comment