Thursday, October 27, 2011

Market Day!!!

Hey! Second post! YAAAAaaayy. Okay, not nearly as exciting as the first, I know. But! It was market day today! Which is super exciting! So suck it, blog!

A giant market takes place in Donghae every day that ends in a 3 or an 8, and as today was the 28th, it took place! I spent a good couple of hours just walking around, looking at things, and taking pictures. But I have learned a couple things- people here are really friendly to foreigners (my lunch normally would cost 3000 won but the lady gave me a discount), things are really cheap, and I like Korean clowns WAY better than American clowns. They're much more friendly and way less scary. Kay, I'll leave the rest of it up to the pictures.

This shirt was a really nice soft shirt, but I thought what it had on the front of it was the best.

Cute doggie! (Gangaji)

The best hat.

Peppers! 

These old ladies and lots of other old ladies like them were all sitting around with their vegetables, chatting. 

I loved this lady. 

Mushrooms! 

Those are live fish in a bucket. 

Plant stand.... lots of really interesting cactuses and succulents.

Oh, and there were cute children everywhere. 

Everywhere.

Everywhere.

Colourful fish.

They're in love! 

Wowowow. So cool. 

 I don't know what these were, but I think they were alive... baby sea cucumbers?

 I randomly took this picture but then the guy in the red jacket came up later and asked to see it. It was cute.

There were a bunch of old guys gathered around these two guys playing this game. The guy with the best hat was one of them (he's the one with the red vest). I asked to take a picture and they seemed really happy to get their picture taken. 

Another fun shirt. "Charming Animal America Yellow- Little so happy!" 

High fashion!! 

I agree- POLAR BEARS SUCH! Especially when they are on inner tubes.

...wait, I don't think what I just said meant anything.

Tonight we're going to a Halloween Party at a smallish club here in Donghae. I'm going as a vampire kind of thing, just make up really and a white dress Miya slashed up and put red splotches on for Halloween a couple of years ago. I think Uncle Jamie's going as a schoolgirl. Yay! 

Oh and last night I tried Soju...
Before...

After!

And I'll leave you on this note... Korean clowns are great.


No comments:

Post a Comment